Effective July 1, 2019, NIMS is changing to a seat-based subscription purchasing for tests.
One-Year Test Subscriptions
One-year subscriptions will be available for fixed prices, with discounts available based on the number of users. Subscriptions will expire one year after purchase and will need to be renewed. Extensions will be available for an additional cost. Custom combinations are available upon request.
|Subscription||Price||Number of Tests Included|
|Entry Level (Machining I and Metalforming I)||$125||12|
|Entry Level (ITM I)||$125||9|
|Entry Level (CAM I)||$110||3|
|Advanced Level (All Level II and III)||$175||32|
|Combo: CAM I + Entry Level Machining||$45 (+ $125)||3 (+12)|
Note: Subscription pricing does not apply to the purchase of OJT Trainer, OJT Senior Trainer, OJT Training Coordinator, and Inspector. Assessments for all OJT credentials must be purchased individually and separately from bulk credentialing purchases.
Candidates who wish to test for only one or two credentials will now purchase one- or two-test passes, valid for one year.
UPDATE: In response customer feedback since we announced the new fee structure, we have adjusted our Volume Subscription Plan to alleviate any significant price changes for our valued customers.
Current Structure (Changing July 1, 2019)
If you are looking to start testing today, this is the current pricing structure. We recommended purchasing subscriptions, as they offer unlimited retakes for a year and will transition perfectly to the new structure in July.
$40 Candidate Registration Fee
This fee is applicable to any individual who wishes to earn one or more NIMS credentials. The fee is due once per person. Once an individual has registered as a candidate, he or she receives lifetime access to the NIMS Online Testing Center.
Online Theory Test Fees
Performance assessments are free; however, a test fee is assessed for all online theory tests. The fee is dependent on the test level, and there are different options available.
Single Test Attempts
- Level I tests are $35 per person, per test. Re-takes are $35.
- Level II and Level III tests are $50 per person, per test. Re-takes are $50.
- Entry Level - Machining ($85): Includes all theory tests for credentials in these standard areas: Machining Level I; Metalforming Level I
- Theory Only ($35): Includes only the Measurement, Materials & Safety theory test
- Entry Level - ITM ($85): Includes all theory tests for credentials in these standard areas: ITM Level I
- Advanced Level ($135): Includes all theory tests in these standard areas: Diemaking Level II and III; Machining Level II; Machine Maintenance, Repair & Service Level II and III; Press Brake Level II and III; Screw Machining Level II and III; Stamping Level II and III
NIMS makes available three payment options to accommodate individuals, manufacturing companies, and schools that host testing activities:
Pay As You Go
Payments can be made on-screen at the time of registration or testing. Simply have a credit card available and enter required information at the point of purchase. Receipts are automatically emailed to candidates.
If multiple registration and/or test fees are anticipated, you may calculate your entire anticipated spending and then prepay. Here's how:
- Use the Subscription Cost Calculator to determine your total spending.
- Send payment to NIMS via purchase order, check, or call to pay by credit card:
- Upload a purchase order. A NIMS rep will send an email to you when processing is complete; typically within 48 hours.
- Mail a check to NIMS at 10565 Fairfax Boulevard, Suite 10, Fairfax, VA 22030. A NIMS rep will be in contact when the check is received and processed. When paying by check, always allow extra time for the check to be mailed and delivered.
- Call NIMS at (703) 352-4971 to pay with a credit card. A NIMS rep will provide a receipt and payment code by phone.
- Start testing!
Maximize your organization's ability to test individuals. Any credentialing subscription order for 50 users or more will only cost $10 per additional user (after the first 50). Subscription plans must be purchased for a minimum of 50 users ($5,500) at one time to qualify for the additional volume discount within the purchase year.
NIMS no longer offers new 1-Year Credentialing/Unlimited Flat Rate plans. Volume and bulk discounted prices will be available to high volume testing locations per the above discount structure. For super users with high volume, please contact NIMS for a price quote.