NIMS Announces New Members to Board of Directors
Group will support mission to build and maintain a globally competitive workforce
NIMS, the manufacturing industry’s premier standards and certification body, is proud to announce seven new members of its Board of Directors. The group is now comprised of 20 leaders in the manufacturing industry from diverse backgrounds, including company executives, training institutions, education, state government and organized labor.
The following individuals have been elected to a two to three-year term, effective March 31, 2017:
- Tracy Ariel, Director of Advanced Manufacturing and Early College Opportunity Programs Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
- Paul Blee, Director of Manufacturing Woodward, Inc.
- Kevin Bowers, Chief Support Officer DMG Mori USA
- Gregory Cheatham, Assistant Manager, Associate Relations Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.
- Hernán Luis y Prado, Founder & CEO Workshops for Warriors
- Peter Zierhut, Vice President of HTEC & Government Relations Haas Automation, Inc.
The NIMS’ Board of Directors oversees and provides critical direction on the mission to certify a skilled workforce for the modern manufacturing economy. The group provides hands-on support across NIMS’ major offerings: developing cutting edge skill standards and credentials for a variety of manufacturing jobs like machining and industrial technology maintenance; designing 21st century competency-based apprenticeships; working with education programs to ensure high-quality, relevant training; and delivering customized engagement and training strategies for diverse talent pools.
Meet the NIMS’ Board of Directors.