IRAP Approval Process
- Complete Initial Application Process
- Application is received. NIMS issues an invoice for $2500.
- Sponsor remits payment of $2500.
- Please note: $2500 fee covers one apprenticeable occupation. Each additional occupation is $500.
- Sponsor is emailed the IRAP template documents for NIMS review.
- Sponsor works with NIMS to complete the IRAP template and returns to NIMS.
- Template is completed and accepted by NIMS.
- NIMS notifies Sponsor by email. Requests any additional documents (if needed).
- All documents are collected, reviewed and approved.
- Formal approval communication and digital IRAP certificate are emailed to Sponsor.
- Formal framed IRAP certificate is sent to address on the application.
Annual Maintenance Process
- NIMS provides Annual Report form that will need to be completed and returned to NIMS by a specified date, yearly.
- Failure to submit the annual report by the date specified can result in IRAP suspension or termination.
- A $500 per year maintenance fee will be charged for essential program maintenance and quality improvements throughout the year.
- IRAP approval status is awarded for a five-year term.
Appeals and Complaints
Any IRAP employers, sponsors, or apprentices may file an official appeal or complaint with NIMS.
NIMS accepts IRAP applications year-round