Every June, NIMS organizes and runs three CNC machining competitions at the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Student Conference. This is a week-long event where each state sends their most talented students from high school and community college to go head-to-head to determine who is the most skilled in the country.
This year, SkillsUSA National Leadership and Student Conference is happening on June 22-26, 2020. Over 140 students will travel to Louisville, Kentucky to compete for gold, silver, and bronze medals in the categories of CNC Milling Specialist, CNC Technician, and CNC Turning Specialist.
Thanks to our co-sponsor, Gene Haas Foundation, the winners will receive:
- A $4,000 scholarship for every gold medalist
- A $3,000 scholarship for every silver medalist
- A $2,000 scholarship for every bronze medalist
- A $500 cash scholarship for every student competitor
- A $500 NIMS testing credit for every school with a student competitor