Prerequisites for Accreditation
Earning NIMS Accreditation
• All NIMS skill standards must be incorporated into the training program's curriculum and program evaluation.
• All trainees must know about the NIMS performance requirements and the NIMS credentialing program opportunities.
• The Advisory Committee must be involved with the Self Study process.
• The Advisory Committee members must review the Performance Requirements (prints and/or CARs) and the sample tests.
• All Advisory Committee members must have their own copies of the Evaluators Guide(s).
• The Advisory Committee must be knowledgeable about the use of NIMS credentials in recruiting and hiring.
• The program must have the support of the administration.
• There must be evidence of an active credentialing program.
• Instructors must have earned NIMS credentials.
• All instructors must have a clear understanding of the credentialing process, including the role of the MET-TEC Committee.
• The facility must meet the applicable OSHA requirements