The NIMS Structured On-the-Job (OJT) Training System
The National Institute for Metalworking Skills is pleased to introduce the NIMS Structured OJT System, an on-the-job training process that provides a systematic and rigorous framework that your company can use to dramatically improve the quality of its internal training.
The NIMS Structured OJT System enables you to implement a consistent and results-producing approach to prepare and assess those individuals who conduct your company’s on the job training. Developed through the direction and input of an expert panel of industry stakeholders, the OJT System has been piloted in metalworking companies of all sizes and types from across the nation.
• Credentialed, certified, competent trainers
• More effective and efficient training process
• Better trained workforce
• Enhanced employee performance
• Increased organizational productivity
Three Occupations for Training Personnel
The NIMS Structured OJT System addresses the distinct needs and requirements for three occupations of training personnel:
• OJT Trainer: a training subject matter expert who delivers on-the-job training to new and incumbent employees.
• OJT Senior Trainer: leads the development, assessment and mentoring on-the-job training trainees and OJT System trainers within area of responsibility.
• OJT Training Coordinator: manages and oversees the administration on-the-job training (including related instruction) within the company or department.
NIMS Certification of OJT Personnel
To achieve Structured OJT System certification, simply attend a NIMS OJT Workshop in your area. At the workshop, attendees will:
• Acquire the basic training knowledge through interactive theory instruction, practical applications, and instructor-led demonstrations that are hands-on
• Demonstrate the essential training skills and abilities by completing a Performance Demonstration Report (PDR) used to assess training competencies
• Prove training subject matter expertise, by taking and passing the Theory Exam used to test training knowledge
Candidates who successfully complete our training will receive NIMS Structured OJT System certification for that training-related function The NIMS Certificate provides evidence that your employee has the core competencies required to support your OJT program and to optimize the results for your trainees.
Please contact NIMS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-352-4971 to learn more!