"To strengthen American manufacturing by building a globally competitive metalworking workforce."
NIMS as the North American provider of metalworking skills standards, so that:
• industry recruits, hires, trains, educates and promotes based upon NIMS credentials;
• industry integrates NIMS accreditation and credentialing into quality requirements;
• industry views NIMS as the skill standards service provider;
• NIMS allied trade associations have increased memberships and increased requests for association services resulting from their work and affiliation with NIMS.
• educational training programs are based on NIMS skill standards
• parents and students select schools based on NIMS accreditation;
• the nation's youth and incumbent workforce seek and maintain NIMS credentials.