Quality Assurance Manager
Leads and contributes to all daily activities within the quality assurance department. Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and evaluation methods for products and processes to assure that Domaille Engineering products are manufactured to customer requirements and complies with customer and industry standards. Supports and leads continuous improvement efforts related to processes, tools and materials for new and existing customer base.
- Plans, implements and directs quality program to ensure quality control consistent with established standards.
- Maintains and communicates quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Assist in daily quality related requirements on the shop floor; such as in process and final inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Develops and directs internal audit program, customer audits, certification audits, and audits vendors/suppliers. Works to resolve issues and non-conformances found during audits.
- Leads investigations of customer complaints and ensures that corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner. Communicates with customer as required.
- Leads investigations of internal non conformance and ensures that corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner and treated with the same importance as a customer complaint.
- Leads efforts to reduce quality issues including corrective action, preventive action and supplier quality concerns.
- Performs some mechanical inspection.
- Ensures purchases of materials meet customer requirements.
- Reviews purchase orders and drawings to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Determines necessary inspection requirements for shop work orders.
- Works with Manufacturing and Quality Engineers in the preparation of Quality Data Packets.
- Has active role on quality control team, leads team in document and data control.
- Promotes a positive and professional work environment.
- Develops, supports and helps maintain company’s quality management system.
- Coordinates ISO/AS9100 certification and registrar selection.
- Interprets and promotes company’s quality philosophy.
- Facilitates and often leads required solutions to quality issues inside the company, with customers and with suppliers.
- Facilitates development of consistent quality processes throughout company.
- Maintains quality management system’s data and documents.
- Communicates results and status of quality management and measurable objectives.
- Coordinates quality training.
Domaille Engineering provides an atmosphere where your creativity and skills will contribute to the growth of the company and the advancement of the team. We offer a comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about our products, services and company, visit our website www.DomailleEngineering.com. You can also obtain our employment application under the Careers section of our website.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with ISO and/or AS9100 quality systems, quality planning and mechanical inspection
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment
- Previous supervisory experience, quality function preferred
- Demonstrate organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and convey appropriate message to vendors, customers, and employees
- Demonstrate the ability to manage risk and resolve conflict
- Must be able to resolve complex manufacturing problems and troubleshoot manufacturing/production systems
- Ability to apply your knowledge of mechanical engineering, machining, metrology instrumentation and experimental techniques in developing customer solutions
The most qualified candidate will also possess the following:
- Medical experience (ISO-13485 or FDA compliant system)
- Experience with Global Shop Solutions or other ERP system
- Experience with special processes i.e., plating, welding, heat treat, etc.
- Knowledge of laser, CMM, and vision systems
- Experience with Supplier Certification and Supplier Quality Planning
- ASQ or similar professional certification
- Working knowledge of quality improvement tools, including Six Sigma
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in industrial management, quality management, or related field; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please email your resume and application to email@example.com or mail to:
7100 Dresser Drive NE
Rochester, MN 55906
Attention: Alison Hicks